I noticed that everyone calls their play dough recipe “best play dough recipe.” Well, I really do believe that after trying dozens of recipes, this one is the best! I like to add essential oils to my homemade play dough, in order to make the sensory experience of playing with it more fun. I typically add peppermint oil to the green play dough, lemon to the yellow one and cinnamon or cloves to the red one. Lavender works well with blue play dough. Which oils would you add?
Best Play Dough Recipe.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Food coloring
- Essential Oils
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, except for the food color.
- Microwave the bowl for about one minute. Take out and stir.
- Microwave for about 30 more seconds.
- Keep repeating until the playdough is dough-like (I typically need 2.5 minutes for the whole process.)
- Let cool for a minute or two.
- Knead the play dough.
- Separate into four pieces and add different color food coloring to each.
- Add different essential oil to each ( I add about 4-5 drops)